Saturday, November 1, 2008

Coho Halloween party


We had an afternoon Halloween party for the kids here yesterday. I had hoped to do a more organized dance activity with the kids, but it didn't feel quite right in the space, so we had a parade around the circle in front of the common house. I got to dance with a few of the hard core dancers near the end of the party. I haven't quite figured out the ins and outs of dancing with 3 year olds. Mostly we just dance and twirl (they are heavily into Duncan Dance), sometimes they pile on me (kid contact improv?). My fairy/butterfly wings were such a big hit that a couple of cute kitties (see photo) asked me to go trick or treating with them. I felt honored. I have not been trick or treating in years. The kitty in front, Smudge, is fashioned after a kitten of the same name who was part of a litter that was fostered by one of our neighbors. Susan likes to take in foster kitties for the Humane Society. The kittens were a big hit, they got a LOT of kid and adult visitors over the 7 or eight weeks they were here, so Susan could truthfully claim that the kittens were well socialized. They all found homes. Mama is still awaiting adoption.

No comments: